Using a combination antioxidant treatment and a broad-spectrum sunscreen can be one of the most effective ways to protect yourself from premature aging and to improve existing environmental damage on your skin.
A daily program incorporating a combination antioxidant product like Skin Ceuticals Serum 15 and a broad-spectrum sunscreen like Skin Ceuticals daily sun defense can:
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve age spots and hyperpigmentation
- Lighten the overall appearance of the skin
- Prevent additional environmental damage to the skin
Scientists have now proven that exposure to elements like sun, smoke and air pollution can cause premature wrinkling, age spots and other signs of aging. New research specifically shows that UVA rays, one section of the sun’s radiation, are responsible for premature signs of aging in the skin.
Here are some important facts you should know about UVA radiation:
- UVA rays generate free radicals that break down collagen and cause premature aging.
- UVA rays cause DNA mutations that lead to aggressive forms of skin cancer.
- UVA rays go to all layers of the skin; UVB rays go no deeper than the outer layers of the skin.
- UVA rays penetrate glass, are present year-round, and are 1000X more plentiful than UVB rays.
Most sunscreens don’t completely protect you from UVA rays.
What can you do to protect your skin?
BROAD-SPECTRUM SUNSCREEN – The best protection from UVA radiation is to wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays. All SkinCeuticals sunscreens contain Z-Cote™ (microfine zinc oxide) which protects from both UVA and UVB rays.
ANTIOXIDANTS – The body uses antioxidants to protect itself from free radical attack caused by UV exposure. Supplementing the body’s natural reservoir of antioxidants with a topical serum such as SkinCeuticals Serum 15 can provide additional protection from premature aging.
The photos below are of Skin Ceuticals subjects, before treatment (left photo) and after one year of treatment (right photo), showing the dramatic difference the use of Skin Ceuticals products can make:
We offer a complimentary consultation to address your individual needs and treatment options. Call Genesis Cosmetic Laser Center at (843) 669-2220 today and let us design a personalized program to fit your needs. To send us an email, go to the CONTACT page and we will be in touch.
For more information, you can visit www.skinceuticals.com